Central Arizona Trials (CAT) welcomes you to our website.
We welcome all levels of riders and spectators.
TO RIDE AN EVENT YOU NEED (PDF):
1) AMA CARD
2) AMA/DOT APPROVED HELMET
3) NUMBER PLATE WITH CLASS ID
4) USFS SPARK ARRESTOR
6) SIGN UP TO CHECK!
Hello CAT Members: Mike has asked me to announce we will be starting back up on Sept. 6th with the Miller Family Trial at Jones Crossing.
However if COVID19 starts to increase or anything else changes in the world to prevent us from riding you will be notified by email and the notice will be placed on the CAT site ASAP.
See you soon!!!!
If there are any questions, please feel free to contact Mike.
Please be safe
Wash your hands
Wear a mask when going out
Stay home if possible.
To All CAT Members,
The Trials Committee has made a few changes to our rules!
1. The Junior Class A (Advanced?) and Class B (Basic?) are now no longer limited to electric motorcycles.
As our Junior riders are progressing there is now a need to allow them to transition onto gas powered bikes.
This should help them when they might want to ride the Beginner line in the standard sections.
2. There will be a new class effective immediately: Master Clubman (MC number plate) for experienced riders who do not want to ride in Sportsman.
Suggested for riders who have pointed out of Clubman and/or have ridden Sportsman and above in the past. No special age or transfer points for this class.
3. Riders will only be allowed to change class once per season for novice and above. The new class must ride a different line.
This rule does not apply to Twin Shock Class.
Senior (35 and above) and Super Senior (55 and above) are voluntary, but riders must stay with their pick.
4. Tether type engine kill switches will be required for use effective at the second trial, March 15th, 2020.
Safer for everyone.These are standard on most late model bikes, Available at many different retailers.
5. Up to 2 Morning and 2 Afternoon Trialsmasters will be given first place championship points and 3 checker credits, one time per season.
We want to encourage more riders to participate in producing our events.
Trialsmasters will get a trophy plate to put on their wall plaque to document their contribution.
6. There will be no checker credit given for "standby checkers".
We will add more checkers to all sections so everyone gets to help and learn.
You still must earn checker credits equal to half of the events you ride to be eligible for a championship.
7. The loop ribbon colors are no longer in the rules.
The colors will be announced at the rider's meeting, There is a large inventory of red and blue right now.
8. There will be no more Arizona State Champion Jacket.
The officers will pick a suitable prize such as a tire or helmet instead.
We hope these changes will lead to a more fun filled riding season ahead.
A full revised copy of the CAT rules will be emailed out in the near future and will be made available on the CAT website.
Come out and ride for fun and the challenge! See you on the loop.
Trials Committee Chairman